Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Unconventional materials


I had piano wires and I used it to make this girl's hair. I actually didn't overcome the obstacle of using this material, because it was really difficult and weird. Looking back, I probably could've made a tree or something, but I could not get it to work with the 2D piece I wanted. I tried attaching the hair with clue directly on the paper, then I tried applying it ok a different paper and it would not stick. The most successful part of this piece is the drawing because that's where I'm most comfortable. Next time, I would use the wire to make a 3D sculpture like a tree or a nest where messy or unkempt isn't a bad thing. I would have let us choose our own materials, because finding something to make with a material you are uncomfortable with is hard, especially when a lot of materials are more difficult than others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment