Thursday, October 29, 2015

Post Modern Principles Project


I chose appropriation for my principle and recreated a "self portrait" I did from elementary school. I didn't try to make it accurate, I just wanted to get the gist of the piece. I chose this because 1) I needed something to do, and 2) I found this picture when I was cleaning my room and thought it was really funny. I liked the idea of remaking something that I already did and thought this would be a good piece. I don't like the way it turned out, but it was already done so I went with it. 

8 comments:

  1. I love your idea Skylar!!! I also love the foot. But the way you made the new piece look similar to the old one with it still being unique was super cool! I like what you did with it, and my favoribhbhutbhubhubhubhubhuubhte part is the shadows on the neck and the attitude! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm claire and I really like your original picture from when you drew when you were a small human being. I love hallmark movies. Yay Christmas time!
    Love, Claire

    P.S. flowers are yellow.
    The sky is blue and twelve of the others are reindeer.
    I'm an addicted cookie eater and bagels are my favourite.
    Camp Rock rocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was an amazing idea!! I reeeeaaaaallllllllllllllllllly like it *heart eye emoji*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool! I like that you applied the concept of artist steal to your OWN art project, not by stealing by a famous artist but from yourself. I bet it's cool to see how far you've come with progress :))))))!!!!!
    !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of making art out of past art. All the colors are really pretty too. Youre such a good drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love that you chose your own art, and that you can see the change from how you were as an artist before to how you are now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how super unique the concept behind this project was! What better person to use appropriation than to use your past artwork?! Very original!!

    ReplyDelete