Friday, March 20, 2015

Change Blog




One of the challenges I encountered while working on this project was trying to make it not look like a child's artwork. After I finished my first painting session, it looked very flat and bland. I liked the winter side, but I didn't like the spring side. I ended up getting feedback from other people and made changes based on that. I added more shading to the back and foreground and I added elements from each side to the other.

I found the idea for this project from the change journal entry that we did. I painted a tree with one side spring and the other side fall. I didn't like my original, so when we got the assignment to do a change project I decided on doing a sort of "remake" of my journal entry (after much indecision). I came to terms with the fact that I couldn't draw leaves and chose to do spring and winter (because it was snowing outside) instead of spring and fall. 

I'm very proud of my final project! I don't think that's its really great necessarily, but I am proud that I was able to do something that I didn't think I originally could. I'm very proud of my work on shading with paint, as that was one if the things I came into this class wanting to learn/work on. It didn't turn out exactly like I expected, as I thought I would mess it up, but I like it. There are some things that I want to change (like the clump of snow pictured) but I am too afraid of ruining the painting to fix it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment