Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Project 5: Sculpture

This is for the sculpture project and the mediums used were paper, acrylic paint, felt tip pen, wood, string, fishing line, and twist ties. 
For this project I did a mobile type-thing which has butterflies hanging down off of it. I had to use washers to weigh down the string so that they wouldn't hang from the fishing line upside down. I think this project turned out decent, but it could've been better. If I did it over again, I would have used a heavier medium for the butterflies and figured out a way to incorporate the washers in a way more appealing to the eye. The wood I used for the base/top is also slightly lopsided when it's held and it got worse after the butterflies were put on. Overall, I think the individual aspects of the project are aesthetically pleasing except for the bits of line on the top, but I don't want to cut them off invade anything needs to be tightened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment